About Us

History

Established in 1929 as Banque Jacob E. Safra, Banque de Crédit National S.A.L., which acquired its current name in 1956, will soon be marking a century of history and uninterrupted operations in the Lebanese banking sector. While the appellation has changed, the unshakable determination to provide clients with a personalized service of the highest quality has remained the Bank’s first priority along the years. Despite the economic challenges affecting the region, BCN’s consistent financial performance year after year has proven its resilience and exemplary leadership, to remain the backbone of uncounted aspirations and ambitions

1929

Establishment of Banque Jacob E. Safra by Jacob Safra

1956

Name changed to Banque de Crédit National S.A.L.

1959

Registration at the Commercial Registry of Beirut under No. 8220

1965

Registration at the Central Bank under No. 36 on the list of Banks

2004

Acquisition by Abdallah Tamari and Andre Boulos

2010

Acquisition by the current shareholders

2012

Capital increase of LBP 12.5 billion

2013

Opening of Verdun Branch

2014

Opening of Tripoli Branch

2016

Relocation to Medgulf Building, Patriarch Howayek street, Beirut Central District